Klimenti is located on the lush slopes of Mount Ziria, at an altitude of 960 meters. After the 1950s, the village’s population has decreased significantly. Today it has fewer than 100 permanent residents, who are engaged in agriculture and animal husbandry. Klementi is one of the oldest villages in Corinthia, built in 1400. During the Revolution of 1821, it played an important role, as it was intermittently a military and administrative center of Theodoros and Gennaios Kolokotronis. From the time of Otto until 1912, Klimenti was the seat of the Municipality of Pelleni.
The central church of the village, Agios Georgios, was built in 1904 and has a noteworthy carved wooden iconostasis.
Εγγραφείτε στο newsletter για να σας ενημερώνουμε για ταξιδιωτικούς προορισμούς και προσφορές.